Grammostola pulchra, Brazilian Black Tarantula

Grammostola pulchra, known as the Brazilian Black Tarantula, is prized for its long life, reputation as a docile tarantula, a reduced tendency to kick urticating hairs, and the deep black color of adult specimen.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Growing and Pairing


I have been able to determine gender on a few of the spiderlings, and will continue as each one molts. Most are 5th instar now with a few going into 6th instar; they are about 2" leg span now. As I get more gender I.D.s and the temps cool for safer shipping, I will offer some of the spiderlings for sale, soon. Keep watch on my blog.


Minx, peeking out after her recent molt.

Sable and Minx are now becoming more active, after their recent molt. I will be looking to pair them both again, in the hope that they will produce sacs.


Sable's canyon fortress.
Ebony has been actively modifying her trench fortress, I am hoping this activity is a sign she is preparing for a sac.